Spring Conference Information
The FCCLA Spring Conference is scheduled for March 26 (HIGH School) & 27 (MIDDLE school), 2019 at the Modern Maturity Center in Dover, DE.
Are you new to FCCLA, and want to know where to begin? Click here for the complete list of Delaware and STAR competitive events to see what you’re interested in. Click here for a step by step checklist of how to get started on your FCCLA competition journey!
There are 2 ways students can compete at the DE Spring Conference:
- Skill Demonstration Events (Called Delaware Only Events)- provide opportunities for members to demonstrate college and career-ready skills in family and consumer sciences and related occupations. These events are competitions for Delaware only, and do not allow students to be promoted to the National level of competition.
2) STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition)
STAR events recognize members for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation. STAR Events offer individual skill development and application of learning through the following activities-
- Cooperative – teams work to accomplish specific goals
- Individualized – members work alone to accomplish specific goals
- Competitive – individual or team performance measured by an established set of criteria
Earning the TOP GOLD (meaning you have the highest score of all competitors in your category) award in a STAR event allows for advancement to the National competition level.
To find the Competitive Event Guidelines for STAR Events, chapters must be affiliated by November 1, 2018. To access, advisers must log into the FCCLA Portal https://affiliation.registermychapter.com/fccla# and click on “Resources”. For Non-Affiliated chapters who would like to compete in a STAR Event, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the STAR competitive event guidelines.
STAR Events Demonstration Videos
During the 2013 National Leadership Conference, 48 STAR Events demonstrations were videotaped. These videos are available on the FCCLA YouTube and SchoolTube channels. Please note that the contents of these videos may or may not meet all of the current requirements of the events as outlined in the current 2018-2019 Competitive Events Guide, but can serve as a starting point for members new to STAR Events.
General STAR Events Resources
- FCCLA Planning Process Summary Page Template (Word)
- FCCLA Planning Process Summary Page Template (PDF)
- FCCLA Quick Reference Citation Chart 2017
Registering for Delaware State Competitive Events Spring Leadership Conference
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!
Delaware CTSO’s register for all conferences using an online system. Access it using the following link: https://www.registermychapter.com/fccla/de/Main.asp
- State Community Service Project will be announced soon!
- Use your school’s medical consent forms
- 2019 photo authorization release form
- 2019 Student Permission slip & Medical Release form
- FCCLA Administrator Award application
*Contact your school office to determine required permission forms necessary for approval*
Spring Conference Permission Slips
- 2019 Spring Leadership Conference Permission Forms
- Adviser certification form
- State Community Service Project TBA soon!