Spring Conference Information
The FCCLA Spring Conference is scheduled for March 17 (HIGH School) & 18 (MIDDLE school), 2020 at the Modern Maturity Center in Dover, DE. *NEW* The Awards Ceremony will be held on FRIDAY March 20, 2020 at Caesar Rodney High School auditorium.
Are you new to FCCLA, and want to know where to begin? Click here for the complete list of Delaware and STAR competitive events to see what you’re interested in. Click here for a step by step checklist of how to get started on your FCCLA competition journey!
There are 2 ways students can compete at the DE Spring Conference:
- Skill Demonstration Events (Called Delaware Only Events)- provide opportunities for members to demonstrate college and career-ready skills in family and consumer sciences and related occupations. These events are competitions for Delaware only, and do not allow students to be promoted to the National level of competition.
2) STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition)
STAR events recognize members for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation. STAR Events offer individual skill development and application of learning through the following competition categories-
- Level 1 (through grade 8)
- Level 2 (grades 9-10)
- Level 3 (grades 11-12)
- Mixed level teams are still allowed but must compete at the highest level of the teams’ members. Some events will still have eligibility requirements that require specific course or program enrollment.
Earning the TOP GOLD (meaning you have the highest score of all competitors in your category) award in a STAR event allows for advancement to the National competition level.
Where do I find the DELAWARE competitive events I can compete in?
Click here for the Level 1 (through grade 8) Delaware Only Competitive Event Guidelines.
Click here for the Level 2 (grades 9, 10) Delaware Only Competitive Event Guidelines.
Currently the only Level 3 Delaware-Only events is Prepared Public Speaking. Level 3 students are encouraged to compete in a STAR event and should refer to the Competitive Events guidelines. (FCCLA Chapters can find the Competitive Events guidelines on the FCCLA Portal, but must be Affiliated to access this information.)
Where do I find the STAR event directions and rubrics I could compete in?
To find the Competitive Event Guidelines for STAR Events, chapters must be affiliated. This means National dues have to paid in order to access the Competitive Event Guidelines. To access, advisers must log into the FCCLA Portal https://affiliation.registermychapter.com/fccla# and click on “Resources”. For Non-Affiliated chapters who would like to compete in a STAR Event, please email me at email@example.com to get the STAR competitive event guidelines. National FCCLA will not allow us to post a link to our website. Links are only found in the FCCLA portal under “Resources”.
STAR Events Demonstration Videos
During the 2013 National Leadership Conference, 48 STAR Events demonstrations were videotaped. These videos are available on the FCCLA YouTube and SchoolTube channels. Please note that the contents of these videos may or may not meet all of the current requirements of the events as outlined in the current 2019-2020 Competitive Events Guide, but can serve as a starting point for members new to STAR Events.
General STAR Events Resources
- FCCLA Planning Process Summary Page Template (Word)
- FCCLA Planning Process Summary Page Template (PDF)
- FCCLA Quick Reference Citation Chart 2017
Registering for Delaware State Competitive Events Spring Leadership Conference
REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN SOON and closes on February 14, 2020!!
Delaware CTSO’s register for all conferences using an online system. Access it using the following link: https://www.registermychapter.com/fccla/de/Main.asp
- State Community Service Project will be announced at our Fall Leadership Conference
- Our Spring Conference theme will be announced at our Fall Leadership Conference 🙂
- Use your school’s medical consent forms*
- 2020 Student Permission slip, Medical Release & photo release forms
- FCCLA Administrator Award application
*Contact your school office to determine any additional required permission forms necessary for district/local approval*
Spring Conference Permission Slips
- 2020 Spring Leadership Conference Permission Forms
- Adviser certification form
- State Community Service Project to be announced at the Fall Leadership conference !